Saturday 2 May 2015

LEX TALIONIS

                                                            {jai ma kali}
                    LEX TALIONIS
                  ==============
    Once upon a time there lived a crofter with his family in a village.One day his son was gambolling with his pals in the farm.Suddenly a venomous ophidian emerged from nowhere and bit the son, causing his instanteous death.Gurgling with ire,the crofter took oath to kill the ophidian.
      He went in hot pursuit of the ophidian.He spotted it just as it was creeping into its hole. The croter slugged it with an axe but succeeded only in slicing off a part of its tail.
      The ophidian hissed with wrath. It vowed to take revenge on the crofter.It would daily sneak stealthily into the farm and bite one of the crofter's cattle. When the crofter came to know of it,he was alarmed. He decided to chum up the ophidian and make peace with it.
    "I repent to hurt you,"trilled he to the ophidian,"Please realize my pain and mental condition at the death of my son.What I did to you was only to avenge my son's death.I understand why you attacked my cattle.Let bygones be bygones.Let us forget and forgive each other and be chums."
    "Sorry, you and I can never be friends,"retorted the ophidian,"We may forgive each other but it is as sure as eggs in eggs,that you will never forget the death of your son and I can never forget the loss of my tail."
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  MORAL===You may be able to forgive a person for inflicting injury on you but you can never forget the injury !!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         ======DEVENDRA SRIVASTAVA
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment