Monday 13 January 2014

UNGRATEFULNESS

                                   JAI MAA KAALI
                   UNGRATEFULNESS
                   ********************
  Once upon a time in a certain forest dwelt a majestic lion.One day he was joyfully relishing the scrumptious flesh of a young stag.As the ill luck would have it,a bone got stuck in his throat,giving him intense pain.He moved heaven and earth to remove it,but all his efforts did not fructify.
   Frustrated,he got out of his lair and plopped down in great agony.The eminent beast was in imminent danger of losing his life.His groans and moans attracted the attention of a woodpecker who was sitting perched on the branch of a larch.
 "Your Highness,"tweeted the woodpecker,"Are you in some trouble?"
  "Oh yes,a bloody bone has got stuck in my throat,"blubbered the lion,"If it is not removed promptly,I will,as sure as eggs in eggs,perish."
 Oh,I could remove the bone for you,"warbled the woodpecker,"But I would be playing with the fire if I did so,because you would instantaneously gobble me up the moment I put my head into your mouth."
  "Rest assured,I would do no such silly thing,"cajoled the lion,"In fact,I would be most grateful to you and would stand by you in emergency."
 Convinced,the woodpecker decided to help the lion.But to make certain,first he got a long stick and propped the lion's mouth wide open.Then he flew down the lion's throat,spotted the bone and ejected it out.After releasing the lion's jaws,the woodpecker flew back to his branch.
  Relieved and relaxed,the lion thanked the woodpecker and went his way.
  After some days rolled by,the woodpecker happened to come across the lion.The lion was licking the hot blood and devouring the luscious flesh of a buffalo.The woodpecker was tempted to have a piece of meat.He requested the lion;
  "Friend,I helped you in need.Would you please give me a tiny slice of meat as a reward?"
  But the lion retorted coldly,"Reward? The best reward you got was escaping from my jaws alive."
   And the lion resumed his luncheon.
**************************************************************************************
  MORAL: THE UNGRATEFUL MAN KNOWS NO GRATITUDE.
**************************************************************************************
          BY-----DEVENDRA SRIVASTAVA
**************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment