Sunday 5 January 2014

THE HANDSOME COCKBIRD

                                            [ JAI MAA KAALI]
           THE HANDSOME COCKBIRD
           *****************************
    Once upon a time a handsome cockbird dwelt in a forest with many other cocks and hens.They were a happy lot,lived peacefully and enjoyed themselves every moment to the hilt.The cockbird was so handsome that he always appeared to have stepped out of a band-box.
 Days were rolling by peacefully.But as the ill luck would have it,one day a sly cat happened to come across them.Seeing so many cocks and hens,the cat was on cloud nine.By using cunning tricks,she was able to gobble up surreptitiously quite a few.
 Now the cat longed for relishing the scrumptious flesh of the cockbird.But all her tricks,ruses and subterfuges to entrap him did not fructify and proved a wild goose chase.So she plopped down under a tree and chewed the cud for suitable plan to snare him.Getting an idea,she blithely tiptoed to the cockbird,as he sat perched on the branch of a larch.
  "Oh,classy bird,I wish to call a spade a spade.The moment I cast a glance at you,I fell,hook,line and sinker,in love with you.You are very handsome and I am also as beautiful as a Cindrella.God has made us for each other.Let us tie the nuptial knot.We would be an ideal couple.",cajoled the cat.
  But the cockbird was very wise.He was not easily befooled.He was aware that the cat had devoured many of his chums.He decided to be careful and tactful.
  "Fair mademoiselle!",he cackled,"While you have four feet,I have but two.And as beasts and birds never go for wedlock,I am afraid,I am far from suitable."
   But the cunning cat went on wooing him,"Oh,that does not matter!I would still love you as Laila loved Majnu,Sohni loved Mahiwal!I promise to be a good wife.I would ever remain faithful and obsequious to you.I will serve you sans any whimper.Please become my hubby."
  Seeing that the cat was so recalcitrant,and fearing that she would be a nuisance,the cockbird now decided to give her a bit of straight talk.
    "Look here scoundrel,"he chortled,"I am not a ninny to be led to the garden path by your slyness.I know your ulterior motives.you have ruthlessly swallowed my companions and now you wish to eat me.But you will never succeed,for I am much too smart for you.Be off,you scalawag!"
 On hearing this the cat realised that here was one she could not trick.So she scampered away in search of easier prey.
################################################################################

MORAL OF THE STORY-------NOTHING LIKE A LITTLE STRAIGHT TALK TO SET MATTERS RIGHT!!!
################################################################################
 
        (DEVENDRA  SRIVASTAVA)

################################################################################ 
  
.

                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment