Monday 4 April 2016

SUPERB KINDNESS

                                                    (jai ma kali)
                      SUPERB KINDNESS
                   ***********************

     To escape the horrible onslaught of sweltering summer, I, with some bezzies , jaunted to a hill station. During our sojourn there, we hailed a cab to go for site seeing. One evening after coming back to hotel, I found my wallet missing.Perhaps I had left it in the cafe where we had our lunch. It was futile to rush to the cafe for tracing the wallet. I was disappointed but we had no option to get it back.
   A couple of days later as we were slumbering , someone pounded on the door. We cautiously opened the door to find the cab driver.
   " I came to return this," he said, holding out my wallet.
 " Where did you get it?" I asked in utter bewilderment.
  " I had driven today to the cafe. I asked about the wallet left there about two days back, the owner gave me this. Here is his card. He wants you to tell him getting back the wallet."
  We were overwhelmed with gratitude at the incredible honesty of the cafe owner and the superb kindness of the cab driver. Before I could give him a reward, he had already evanesced. 
      ------------
                      (DEVENDRA SRIVASTAVA)
**********************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment