Sunday 1 September 2013

                      GOLDEN    RODENT

                  XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
 Once there resided a wise and kind merchant.One day a young merchant brought him a gift.It was a golden rodent.The old man was astonished and was curious to know why this gift.The young merchant told his story--
   My father died early.My relatives grabbed all the properties and chucked out my mother destitute.Through a great hardship,she brought me up.One day I came to you to seek your help and heard you scolding someone-
 "See that dead rodent.A resourceful and intelligent man can make money out of it even.But you far from making any profit,just squandered all the money."
   I took that dead rodent and bartered it as cat food for a handful of gram. With this and a pitcher of water I sat outside the city and catered to a group of wood cutters.Grateful,each of them gave me two pieces of wood.Part I sold and brought gram flour with the money received and continued serving them.
   In this way I built up a large stack of wood.Rains came.Fuel became scarce in the city.I sold my stock at a fabulous price.With the money I set up a shop.Well,I am now rich enough to pay for this golden rodent which I have brought as a gift for you.
   The old merchant was very impressed and pleased.He got his only daughter married to the young man along with an enormous dowry.
     **********************************
             DEVENDRA   SRIVASTAVA 
                 

No comments:

Post a Comment